#NFLBeast #NFL #NFLTwitter #NFLUpdate #NFLNews #NFLBlogs
#LosAngeles #Rams #LosAngelesRams #NFC
By: JB Scott
The offense will need to stay ahead of the chains, and a high volume pass catcher like Williams could be recipe for success
The Los Angeles Rams are set to face off against the Los Angeles Chargers at SoFi Stadium, but it’ll technically be an away game for the team wearing royal and sol. It’s the Battle for LA – and while the Chargers have already clinched the playoffs and are jockeying for seeding – the Rams find themselves amidst a lost season in terms of championship contention.
But Sean McVay’s Rams have built a notable amount of momentum over the last month – winning two of their last three games and helping Baker Mayfield revive his NFL career. One of the drivers of that momentum is running back Cam Akers, who has been on a tear over the last three weeks. Akers scored three touchdowns last week against the Denver Broncos and has bounced back in a big way after taking a leave of absence from the team.
With all eyes on Akers, the matchup against the Chargers may actually favor rookie Kyren Williams. The Chargers play a similar style of defense to the Rams under Brandon Staley, and these scheme limits opportunities to push the ball down the field. Mayfield will need to take check downs and underneath throws as they come available, and Williams could help the offense stay ahead of the chains.
JB Scott is joined by newcomer to the podcast, Danny Stone, and they breakdown everything you need to know 24 hours ahead of game time – injuries, matchups, and more! Make sure you subscribe via your favorite podcast app so you never miss an episode – and we will see you immediately following the game for our INSTANT REACTION.
- Recapping Rams destruction of Broncos on Christmas day
- Discussing Cobie Durant’s big breakout and his future prospects
- How has perspective changed on Baker Mayfield from waiver claim to today?
- Oday Aboushi was briefly suspended, but he’s available for hte game
- Rams without Aaron Donald, Brian Allen. Could be without Tyler Higbee, Leonard Floyd
- Joey Bosa will make return for Chargers. Derwin James OUT with a concussion
- Rams will face some familiar faces – Morgan Fox & Sebastian Joseph-Day
- With all eyes on Cam Akers, the matchup could actually favor Kyren Williams
- How do Chargers stack up against other AFC powers like Bills, Chiefs, Bengals?
- Discuss the meaning of this game and impact on football in Los Angeles