#NFLBeast #NFL #NFLTwitter #NFLUpdate #NFLNews #NFLUpdates #NFLBlogs
#Chicago #ChicagoBears #Bears #BearsWire
By: Alyssa Barbieri
This is our online morning newsletter, Bear Necessities. Subscribe to get the latest Bears news delivered to your mailbox every day.
Bears receiver N’Keal Harry arrived in Chicago with the chance for a fresh start after a rough few seasons with the Patriots. It’s taken some time for Harry to finally get that chance after an ankle injury and surgery sidelined him for the first six weeks of the season.
Harry finally made his Bears debut in a Week 7 win over his former New England team, where he had one reception for 14 yards.
Harry only has two games under his belt — and limited opportunities — this season, but he’s already finding a rhythm in this offense. In Sunday’s loss to the Cowboys, Harry caught two passes for 24 yards, including a 17-yard touchdown reception, his first as a member of the Bears.
“It feels good,” Harry said, via NBC Sports Chicago. “I felt pretty comfortable out there these past two weeks. That just comes from getting reps in practice. You got to mess some stuff up to get it right in the game. So, it’s been good.”
Harry believes he brings a lot to this offense, whether it’s as a pass catcher or a blocker in the run game,.
“I’m fast, physical,” he said. “I’m a big guy, and I’m pretty fast for my size. I feel like I got to be an enforcer in this offense, especially in the run game.”
While Harry has only been targeted three times over the last two weeks, he’s developing a rapport with quarterback Justin Fields, who’s in need of dependable receivers.
“Man, he’s real special,” Harry said of Fields. “Especially when it comes to the way he feels the pocket, gets out of the pocket and uses his legs. The way he extends plays. It’s a big opportunity for our offense. It has been real good so far.”
With nine games left on the docket, Harry has a chance to carve out a role for himself on offense, and potentially earn himself a contact extension in Chicago.
- Bears trade LB Roquan Smith to the Ravens
- Updated look at Bears’ 2023 draft picks after Roquan Smith trade
- Bears trade Roquan Smith: What Chicago gets in return from the Ravens
- Twitter reacts to the Bears trading Roquan Smith to the Ravens
- Report: Bears might not be done with trade activity ahead of Tuesday’s deadline
- 4 Bears players that GM Ryan Poles could still trade before deadline
- Bears legend Dick Butkus reacts to Roquan Smith trade
- Updates on Packers LB De’Vondre Campbell, LB Quay Walker, OL Elgton Jenkins. READ MORE ON PACKERS WIRE.
- Vikings are in control of the NFC North by a large margin. READ MORE ON VIKINGS WIRE.
- Dan Campbell on firing Lions DBs coach Aubrey Pleasant: ‘Something needed to change.’ READ MORE ON LIONS WIRE.
Originally Posted On Bears Wire