#NFLBeast #NFL #NFLTwitter #NFLUpdate #NFLNews #NFLBlogs
#Detroit #Lions #DetroitLions #NFC
By: Jeremy Reisman
I think it’s fair to say Tate sees a little of himself in the Lions rookie.
You may remember from last week that Detroit Lions rookie Amon-Ra St. Brown has made a habit of showing off his hurdling abilities during the team’s one-on-one tackling drills. He did it on the first day of pads last Wednesday, then he did it again on Friday to Lions No. 1 cornerback Jeff Okudah.
At first, it was just a special moment for those that camp, but, thankfully, with all the team cameras rolling during practice, they caught the moment on video and shared it with fans in a highlight reel package this week.
They also shared the individual video of just that play on Twitter, and it caught the eye of someone you may remember. Former Lions wide receiver—and current free agent—Golden Tate stumbled upon the video, and as a player who certainly likes his razzle-dazzle, it should come as no surprise that he was impressed with the 2021 fourth-round pick.
I think I love this young man. https://t.co/IbbXNNvcoK
— Golden Tate (@ShowtimeTate) August 9, 2021
It’s hard not to see a little Tate in Amon-Ra St. Brown.
- The fellas over at The Athletic took an interesting approach to Tuesday’s camp observations. They watched only the coaches during the entire practice.
- Here is the TV announcing crew for the Lions preseason game on Friday:
From the Lions game notes:
The voice of @EAMaddenNFL himself, @BrandonGaudin, will do TV play-by-play for Lions preseason games this year, joined by analyst @HMAN84 and reporter @dannierogers___. pic.twitter.com/j5MkvNcCDF
— Mike Foss (@MikeFossWXYZ) August 10, 2021
- Detroit Lions outside linebackers coach Kelvin Sheppard, who used to play linebacker for the Lions just three years ago, talked extensively about his quick journey to being a coach. Justin Rogers of The Detroit News has the story, but I recommend you watch his interview, as well. He’s an enthusiastic coach.
- Speaking of good interviews, Lions receiver Kalif Raymond had an inspirational tale about spending one offseason traveling the world and the life lessons he learned along the way. James Hawkins has the story, or if you’d prefer the whole video interview, DetroitLions.com has you covered.
- NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport was at Lions camp on Monday. Here were his takeaways:
From Inside Training Camp Live: The message from #Lions coach Dan Campbell is being received. pic.twitter.com/rgwPcvuJej
— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 9, 2021
- File this under: Not very surprising, but ESPN’s Bill Barnwell thinks the Lions have the worst chances to go worst-to-first this year.