#NFLBeast #NFL #NFLTwitter #NFLUpdate #NFLNews #NFLBlogs
#Houston #Texans #HoustonTexans #AFC
By: Mike Bullock
What amazing stats will the Texans produce this week?
While it might not be a great time to root for the Arizona Cardinals (is it ever?) we’re certainly at a great moment in Houston Texans history.
️ New to the Pro Football Hall of Fame
The jersey that @HoustonTexans QB C.J. Stroud was wearing in Week 9 against Tampa Bay, when he set the NFL record for passing yards in a game as a rookie with 470.
Full Story: https://t.co/hXb8CeDh4X pic.twitter.com/SD5HNuGqBD
— Pro Football Hall of Fame (@ProFootballHOF) November 15, 2023
Coming off a Hall of Fame level performance, C.J. Stroud led the Texans into the Cincinnati Bengals stadium, with help from the full roster it seems, stole a win from the recent Super Bowl contenders.
The accolades for Stroud are well documented on this site. As they should be. And, last week’s offensive additions by tailback Devin Singletary earned him AFC Offensive Player of the Week honors.
All this could mean the Texans are on a hotstreak that will continue as they handle the incoming Cardinals.
Or, it could be a set up for a letdown when Kyler Murray brings his birds to town.
Back to Back weeks with a Texan as the AFC Offensive Player of the week:
Week 9: C.J. Stroud
Week 10: Devin Singletary
Motor SZN pic.twitter.com/PBJ2OKUdde
— Drew (@IndepthTexans) November 15, 2023
ARIZONA CARDINALS WEEK 10 STATS
- QB KYLER MURRAY passed for 249 yards & had 24th-career rush TD in season debut in Week 10. Completed 20 of 28 atts. (71.4 pct.) for 261 yards & 3 TDs vs. INT for 121.3 rating in last meeting. Has 27 TDs (21 pass, 6 rush) & 98.4 rating in his past 11 road starts.
- RB JAMES CONNER rushed for 73 yards last week. Has 50+ scrimmage yards in 30 of 34 games with Ari. since 2021, incl. all 15 road games. Aims for his 3rd in row vs. Hou. with rush TD. Needs 63 rush yards for 5th-career season with 500+ rush yards.
- TE TREY MCBRIDE led team with 8 catches & 131 rec. yards in Week 10, his 1st-career 100-yard game. Has 8+ catches & 95+ rec. yards in 2 of his past 3.
- WR RONDALE MOORE had season-high 5 catches last week.
- WR MARQUISE BROWN needs 7 catches for 4th-straight 50-catch season & 32 rec. yards for 5th-straight season with 500+ rec. yards. Had 5 catches in his only career game at Hou. (9/20/20 w/ Bal.).
- LB KYZIR WHITE led team with 11 tackles last week, his 3rd game with 10+ tackles in 2023. Is 1 of 2 (Bobby Okereke) with 85+ tackles (87) & 9+ TFL (career-high 9) in 2023. Is 1 of 6 in NFL with 10 games of 5+ tackles this season.
- LB ZAVEN COLLINS aims for his 3rd in row on road with TFL.
- LB DENNIS GARDECK had 5th sack of season last week, his 2nd-career 5+ sack season (7 in 2020).
- LB B.J. OJULARI (rookie) set career highs with 8 tackles & 2 sacks in Week 10, his 1st-career 2-sack game.
- S BUDDA BAKER had 10 tackles last week, his 24th-career game with 10+ tackles, most among DBs since 2017. Had 13 tackles, 2 FF, 2 PD & FR in last road meeting (11/19/17).
The @HoustonTexans were supposed to be in rebuild mode, but now they are true contenders because of @CJ7STROUD.
All 22 Film Breakdown of CJ Stroud
Full : https://t.co/vv0rMdGe6c pic.twitter.com/5wK6mxrXkl
— Chase Daniel (@ChaseDaniel) November 15, 2023
HOUSTON TEXANS WEEK 10 STATS
- TEXANS last week became 1st team since Ind. in 1998 with 350- yard passer (Stroud), 150-yard rusher (Singletary) & 150-yard receiver (Brown) in single game.
- QB C.J. STROUD passed for 356 yards & had 2 TDs (1 pass, 1 rush) last week, his 3rd game with 350+ pass yards this season, tied-most in NFL & is 3rd rookie ever with 350+ pass yards in 3 games (Andrew Luck & Cam Newton). Is 2nd rookie ever with 350+ pass yards in consecutive games (Newton). Ranks 2nd in NFL with 2,626 pass yards, 3rd-most ever by QB in 1st 9 career starts. Can become 1st rookie ever with 350+ pass yards in 3 straight games.
- RB DEVIN SINGLETARY rushed for career-high 150 yards last week, 1st 150-yard rusher by Hou. since 2019 (Carlos Hyde).
- WR NOAH BROWN set career highs in catches (7) & rec. yards (173) last week, most rec. yards by Hou. player in a game since 2019. Joined DeAndre Hopkins & Andre Johnson as only players in franchise history with 150+ rec. yards in consecutive games.
- WR NICO COLLINS has 50+ rec. yards in 2 of his past 3. Has 448 rec. yards (112 per game) & 4 rec. TDs in 4 home games this season.
- WR TANK DELL (rookie) aims for 3rd in row with 6+ catches, 55+ rec. yards & rec. TD. Ranks 2nd among rookies with 5 rec. TDs & 5th with 510 rec. yards.
- TE DALTON SCHULTZ aims for 3rd in row with 70+ rec. yards. Aims for 4th in row at home with TD catch.
- DT SHELDON RANKINS had career-high 3 sacks & 5th-career FF in Week 10. Aims for 3rd in row with 2+ TFL & sack.
- LB JONATHAN GREENARD had 7th sack of season last week. Has 2 TFL & sack in 2 of past 3. Had 2 sacks & PD in last meeting.
- CB TAVIERRE THOMAS led team with 8 tackles in Week 10.
- S DEANDRE HOUSTON-CARSON had 1st INT of season last week.
Brought to you by DraftKings Sportsbook.
Originally posted on Battle Red Blog – All Posts